ID10T Music Festival & Comic Conival, the groundbreaking, first of its kind event that will combine chart-topping musicians, renowned comedians, makers, and some of the most influential people in the entertainment industry, together in one place for a once-in-a-lifetime weekend experience, has announced its first wave of panels, which include famed shows Portlandia, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Harmontown, and Stan Against Evil. A second announcement will be released soon, revealing even more exciting panels and guests. Created and hosted by Chris Hardwick, ID10T (pronounced I-D-ten-T) will take over the Shoreline Amphitheatre and surrounding grounds in Mountain View, CA on Saturday, June 24th and Sunday, June 25th.
Confirmed show panels and guests are as follows:
Portlandia, featuring guests Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, moderated by Chris Hardwick.
IFC’s Emmy-nominated comedy Portlandia is currently in production for its eighth and final season. Created by Fred Armisen, Carrie Brownstein and Jonathan Krisel, Portlandia explores the eccentric misfits who embody the foibles of modern culture, starring Armisen and Brownstein. The series is executive produced by Lorne Michaels and produced by Broadway Video.
Mystery Science Theater 3000, featuring guests Jonah Ray, Hampton Yount, and Rebecca Hanson, moderated by Wil Wheaton.
For almost 30 years, the award-winning comedy television series Mystery Science Theater 3000, created by Joel Hodgson, has been known as one of the best cult TV shows of all time. Following its record-breaking #BringBackMST3K Kickstarter campaign, fourteen brand-new episodes of the cult television show Mystery Science Theater 3000 launched on April 14, 2017, exclusively on Netflix. In the new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (aka MST3K) Kinga Forrester (Felicia Day) and her loyal henchman, Max (Patton Oswalt), have revived the infamous experiment started by Kinga’s father twenty-nine years earlier: How many cheesy movies does it take to drive a person mad? In this latest reiteration of the show, her test subject is Jonah Heston (Jonah Ray), a space pilot for Gizmonic Institute who gets trapped responding to a distress call from the dark side of the moon. Confined aboard the Satellite of Love, Jonah lives with his robot friends, Gypsy (voiced by Rebecca Hanson), Tom Servo (voiced by Baron Vaughn), and Crow T. Robot (voiced by Hampton Yount). Confronted with Kinga’s choices in torturous films, Jonah and the bots band together to ward off lunacy by continuously riffing on the movies in rapid-fire succession.
Harmontown, featuring guests Dan Harmon, Jeff B. Davis, and Spencer Crittenden.
Dan Harmon (Community, Rick & Morty), alongside “comptroller” Jeff B. Davis (Whose Line Is It Anyway), and game master Spencer Crittenden (HarmonQuest), will bring his wildly popular podcast “Harmontown” to the festival — LIVE. Expect ineffectual rants, raps, shameful stories and special guests. Dan Harmon is the Emmy® winning creator/executive producer of the comedy series Community as well as the co-creator/executive producer of Adult Swim’s Rick & Morty.
Stan Against Evil, featuring guests John C McGinley, Janet Varney, and Dana Gould.
IFC’s original horror comedy series Stan Against Evil is currently in production for its second season. Created, written and executive produced by Dana Gould (The Simpsons, Parks and Recreation), Stan Against Evil stars John C. McGinley (Scrubs) and Janet Varney (You’re the Worst). Stan Against Evil follows Stan Miller (McGinley), a perpetually disgruntled former sheriff of a small New England town who was forced into retirement. Stan has trouble relinquishing his authority to Evie Barret (Varney), the tough and beautiful new sheriff in town, but they form an unlikely alliance when both begin to realize things are not quite right in their quaint New England town. Together, they valiantly fight a plague of unleashed demons that have been haunting the town, which just happens to be built on the site of a massive 17th century witch burning.
Information on tickets, pricing, VIP packages, and more is available at www.ID10TFest.com. ID10T boasts a massive festival area directly adjacent to the amphitheatre’s music stage. All tickets including festival general admission, reserved seating and VIP have free roaming access to the festival area, which includes the Mad Decent Dance/Cosplay Tent, Monster Energy Comedy Tent, and full exhibitor village. Kids 10 and under are free with accompanying paid adult admission.
Each day, pop culture enthusiasts will have the opportunity to roam exhibitor booths, meet comic book artists, and catch their favorite TV and movie casts on back-to-back panels and podcasts, including a special live taping of Hardwick‘s own Nerdist Podcast. In the evening, the grounds will transition into a music and comedy hall for live performances from some of today’s top artists and comedians. With panels from 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., comedy from 4:30 p.m to 8:00 p.m., and music from 4:00 p.m to 11:00 p.m., attendees can expect a full day packed with entertainment, all in an outdoor setting.
The festival will also host a juried cosplay contest. Details on entry, prizes, and more will be announced soon, but interested participants can click here for a taste of what to expect: https://www.facebook.com/id10tfest/videos/1263934146994137/
Musical, comedy, and comic talent is as follows:
- The Shoreline Amphitheatre Main Stage will feature a diverse musical lineup with performances by Weezer, Girl Talk, Lord Huron, Crystal Castles, TV On The Radio, OK Go, Animal Collective, Car Seat Headrest, The Mowgli’s, Robert DeLong, Mothers, Ron Gallo, and Tank And The Bangas.
- The Mad Decent Dance/Cosplay Tent will feature some of today’s premier DJs and electronic music acts with performances by Madeon, Zeds Dead, Jai Wolf, TroyBoi, Gryffin, Party Favor, Ape Drums, 4B, and Wax Motif. The tent will also host nightly cosplay contests.
- The Monster Energy Comedy Tent will feature sets by some of today’s most entertaining comedians in an intimate, club-like setting. Hosted by April Richardson, performers will include Demetri Martin, Michael Che, Nikki Glaser, Garfunkel and Oates, Michael Ian Black, Brian Posehn, Greg Proops, Brent Weinbach, Hampton Yount, Matt Braunger, Dan Mintz, Marcella Arguello, Jonah Ray, Mike Phirman, and Yassir Lester.
- Participating comic companies include Skybound, Valiant, Oni, Boom! Studios, Top Shelf, AfterShock, Insight Editions, Aspen, and HowToons.
- Comic artists include Andre Parks (Green Arrow, Ciudad), Andrew Robinson (The Fifth Beatle, Superman: Red Son), Andy Belanger (Southern Cross, SwampThing), Babs Tarr (Batgirl of Burnside, Motor Crush), Becky Cloonan (Southern Cross, Punisher), Brent Schoonover (Howling Commandos Of Shield, Antman), Cameron Stewart (Fight Club 2, Batgirl), Chris Burnham (Batman Incorporated, Officer Downe), Dennis Hopeless (Spider-Woman, WWE), Donny Cates (God Country, Redneck), Farel Dalrymple (Pop Gun War, The Wrenchies), Gary Brown (Black Road, Catwoman), Gerry Duggan (Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy), Ivan Brandon (Drifter, Black Cloud), Jai Nitz (Suicide Squad’s El Diablo, Dream Thief), Jason Shawn Alexander (Empty Zone, Abe Sapien-The Drowning), Justin Greenwood (The Fuse, Stumptown), Matt Hawkins (Think Tank, Aphrodite IX), Matt Wilson (Batman & Robin, Joker), Mike Costa (Venom, Lucifer [FOX TV]), Morgan Breem (The Family Trade, Valor: East of the Sun & West of the Moon), Ngozi Ukaza (Check, Please!), Nick Dragotta (East of West, Howtoons), Phil Hester (Shipwreck, Green Arrow), Phil Noto (Black Widow, Star Wars), Ramon Villalbos (Nighthawk, E Is for Extinction), Rick Remender (Deadly Class, Fear Agent), Robert Wilson IV (Heartthrob, Bitch Planet), Shawn Martinbrough (Thief of Thieves, Luke Cage Noir), Van Jensen (The Flash, Cryptocracy), and Wes Craig (Deadly Class, Guardians of the Galaxy).
ID10T is produced by Live Nation and Synergy Global Entertainment (SGE).
ID10T is proud to partner with the following sponsors in its inaugural year: SiriusXM, Monster Energy Drink, hosting the ID10T Comedy Stage, Toyota, the exclusive automotive partner, Snickers, Krave Jerky, Peet’s Coffee and Tea, Musicians Institute, Lyft, and many more.
For more information on ID10T Music Festival & Comic Conival, please visit: